Welcome to the main event page for the 2016 Fall Fly-In and first annual chili cook-off. We look forward to a fun event and we want you to participate. If you haven’t already, go to https://kas_fallflyin.eventbrite.com and register for your ticket. We ask that you get one ticket for each member in your party who plans to attend, by method of arrival (plane or car). We also ask that you select the number of Chili tickets for each different type of chili you’re going to submit. The event is free to attend and free to enter the cook-off; we aim to have some fun!
Schedule of events
As a rough schedule of the afgernoon, here is what we have in place:
1200 – Doors open for the Fly-In
1400 – All chili competitors must be present with their submissions
1430 – Chili judging commences
1600 – Movie starts
1700 – Pause movie for the fundraiser drawing
1800 – Event ends
We will be doing a fundraiser for the Raisbeck Aviation High School as part of the event. Raffle tickets will be sold on-site that day and drawing will happen at 1700 that evening. You do not need to be present to win, will have to write your name and number on the ticket you submit. Ticket prices will be set later, but there will be some awesome prizes from some of our great sponsors like ASA, Seattle Avionics and many more.
Chili Cook-off Competition rules
As per the International Chili Society, there will be three categories of competition for this informal cook-off:
- Traditional Red Chili is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat or combination of meats,
cooked with red chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients, with the exception of BEANS and PASTA
which are strictly forbidden. No garnish is allowed.
- Chili Verde is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat or combination of meats, cooked
with green chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients, with the exception of BEANS and PASTA which
are strictly forbidden. No garnish is allowed.
- Homestyle Chili is defined by the International Chili Society as the cook’s favorite combination of ingredients resulting in a dish seasoned with chili peppers and spices. Anything goes for ingredients.
- This is not a formal or sanctioned ICS event – merely a fun opportunity to get together, enjoy some food and earn bragging rights.
- All chili must be fully cooked prior to arrival and must be transported in a vessel capable of maintaining serving temperatures (crock pots please). Please bring a serving utensil and you will be contacted for further information. Once an official tasting is completed, you are welcome to share with the attendees. utensils and bowls will be provided by Kenmore Aero.
Judging will be completed by either a panel or by popular vote of all attendees. No fee to enter and to the top performers, unlimited bragging rights will be granted.
Be sure to get your tickets here https://kas_fallflyin.eventbrite.com and we will see you on November 12th!